Wednesday 31 August 2011

Babies about to fly the nest!


My second daughter is about to go to university. This is a good thing as we have the children and it is our job as parents to let them fly!

I will of course miss not having to share my car, endless washing, and general mess around the house! However, the compensation will be such that I can congratulate myself on being a good parent thus far. Of course the odd elbow break, eye infection (for which I administered Bazuka instead of eye cream) and minor cuts and bruises won't affect my track record in perfect parenting! I may decide not to change the bed linen straight away - nothing to do with the fact that I may be able to catch a whiff of their perfume but just because I can afford the luxury of waiting!

I am now about to embark on a period in my life when I will have time on my hands! I will not be the sort of parent who stalks their child on Facebook ( I would rather not see them having fun!) However, I flatly refuse to take up crochet, knitting or macrame. I will opt for a much quieter life and do the odd skydive to relieve the boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment